UK Water Bill. I've just been billed for what would appear to be significantly higher water useage. We are metered. We've checked the?

meter to see if it's moving when we have no water running in here - it's not. I can't understand how this has happened as I've not done anything different during the billing period. I will be calling them but would welcome any ideas about how this has happened.
Update: @ Elaine - I'm afraid you are probably right. We are both Type 2 Diabetic so tend to use the loo more than others even if with pee, we don't ALWAYS flush (I know!). We don't do dishes in the sink - dishwasher, and I don't leave the water running when I brush teeth. I just don't understand why.... show more @ Elaine - I'm afraid you are probably right. We are both Type 2 Diabetic so tend to use the loo more than others even if with pee, we don't ALWAYS flush (I know!). We don't do dishes in the sink - dishwasher, and I don't leave the water running when I brush teeth. I just don't understand why. With a leak wouldn't the meter be moving - it's not. BUT WHY the sudden increase over the previous bills? They are all readings, not estimates too. I'll have to talk to the Water Board.
Update 2: After speaking with the WB, it would appear that most probably the leaking valve in the bathroom loo, which was replaced in mid-August, probably caused the increased 'useage'. They want us to do two readings 1 hour apart, to confirm no other leak here. They do have a Leakage Allowance so it looks as if we... show more After speaking with the WB, it would appear that most probably the leaking valve in the bathroom loo, which was replaced in mid-August, probably caused the increased 'useage'. They want us to do two readings 1 hour apart, to confirm no other leak here. They do have a Leakage Allowance so it looks as if we may not have to pay for the extra use of water ....... SW Water - very helpful!
Update 3: After confirmation confirmed we DO have an internal leak, it's now been identified as being a hot water pipe leak. The system is now going to have to be taken up into the loft and down to the kitchen sink, bathroom and cloakroom. Ye gods.