Took my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee because of a leaking water pump issue that these cars have.?

Upon inspection these told me they need to change water pump, thermostat and radiator. Ok so they did it I did inspect inspect the car and radiator too see if it was filled with antifreeze right it was. But as I was driving it the other day far I notice the temp going up higher than it used to is was up there at 228dregress when before it wouldn’t go pass 220. Another bad sign I noticed was that the top radiator hose get too hard and stays hard really quick. I called and they give me an appointment for in weeks. Are any of these theses issues I should really be worried I hoping the heads didn’t go bad.

That’s why you don’t buy a Jeep

• M.

First, if the water pump leaks, you replace the water pump. You don't need to replace the thermostat unless it is not functioning properly. You don't need to replace the radiator unless it is inefficient or damaged.

Probably, the new (different) thermostat is making the engine run at a different temperature. Maybe it is the wrong thermostat or doesn't work properly.

Did you feel how hard the upper hose was prior to your water pump leak? With a leak, the normal operating pressure can't be obtained or held.

Radiator hoses should be firm, but not too hard. Most cooling systems run around 15 psi. The radiator cap is responsible for limiting overpressure.

Your mechanic seems to have changed your whole cooling system with the idea of postponing a callback when your thermostat or radiator failed. I don't like extremely overcautious mechanics. They waste their customers' money.

Have a new dealership thermostat installed.

I hate low quality import thermostats.

Source(s): -Engine overhaul mechanic and general automotive mechanic since 1972. Retired in 2018.

Be more specific, is the jeep a 3.6L or the 5.7L. I replace more waterpumps on the 5.7Ls than the 3.6L. Replace more thermostats on the 3.6L than the hemi. Common issues water pump shafts loose and leaking on the hemi and sticking thermostats on the 3.6L. Not need to change the radiator unless its leaking or the coolant looks like mud or gelled up. And if gelled up it means someone used the wrong coolant other than the 10 year which is not good. Air pockets are hard to get out on the 3.6L sometimes so i use the venturi tool.

Let me take this car off your hands.

amxjtsvu

lglipibf

pvvpnztt