B asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

Do you think the public pays attention to government advice on diet and nutrition?

Update:

Do you think the public pays attention to government advice on diet and nutrition? Examples?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

I'd say a decent percentage of people do, but the obesity epidemic in America is alive and well.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

I know that the current health fad that makes all the people who don't belong in the gym come to the gym and stand there with their phones is the result of the USDA program Healthy People 2010/2020. It's not so much that people follow the advice they are given, but there are programs to instill the ideas in our minds. Just like how everyone was into photography, then dance, and now food (music and skateboarding before that) there are ways to lean the crowd. We're all still in highschool, needing a leather jacket and Mohawk or else be the nail that gets hammered down whether we know we are running the world or know we are obeying it.

People pay attention to what other people are doing. And your masta' knows it.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

some ppl do

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

To a degree, yes. I don't know anyone who uses a whole stick of butter on a piece of toast, but I also know few people who eat "five servings of vegetables and fruits a day", either.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

To some extent, yes.

Although I wonder why the government is in the business of giving nutritional advice. Don't they have enough to do keeping the peace?

And personally, I don't agree with all of their nutritional advice.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.