promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Where is up North compared to where you live? Is it in the middle anywhere abive you or right up top of the country?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Who
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favourite answer

"Up north" from where I live is just water (lots of it)

We dont have an "up north" when talking about the country

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 years ago

Northern PA, NY, New England, Canada

• Paula
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Alaska

From there it is the north pole.

North to Alaska by Johnny Horton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSt0NEESrUA

Youtube thumbnail

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

To an inhabitant of Australia, inhabitants of North America or Europe are "below"!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Since I now live in Texas, pretty much everyone here considers just about everyone else as from "Up North." When I lived in Montana, well you can't get any farther North or better than that.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Up North from where I live would be the Tropics of North Queensland. Very hot and humid.

• 2 years ago

I'm about as far south in my country as you can get. South of me are islands, water and France. North is the rest of the country and Scotland.

• 2 years ago

a really big river downhill from my house, then mostly forested lands with some farms in the valleys and flatlands, then arboreal forest until there is no more forest, then tundra, I guess (north of the tree line). I never got that far north. I have been all over the arboreal forest part though, to a lot of the mining and mill towns that are found here and there. Aren't a heck of a lot of roads beyond those mill and mining towns. South will pass me through similar mixed forest and farmland, eventually coming to the Atlantic coast and the Atlantic Ocean, all the way down to South America. I never looked to see what was that far south.

There are various mountains and lakes, and smaller rivers or the occasional big river, that exist in the forested regions, of course. You know, North America on the east side of the great lakes. Mostly forest.

• 2 years ago

Regionally, up-north is anywhere past Saginaw.

• 2 years ago

There is a social context to this question. I live (in winter) on the east coast of Florida. Around here, when people say "up North," they usually mean in some triangle whose corners are Richmond and Minneapolis and the northernmost point of Maine. I spend the summer on the central coast of Maine. If people there say "up North," they usually mean rural, inland parts of northern Maine, somewhere between Allagash and Old Town.

• 2 years ago

I go west and turn right at the next exit.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.