Rats/mice in attic. Need suggestions on finding entry?

We have a rat or mice problem in our attic. They are heard nightly running around up there. I live in a two story home & I do not have a ladder so it's difficult to get up there & check around. We had a couple of damaged pieces of plywood replaced recently on the roof & asked the roofer to look... show more We have a rat or mice problem in our attic. They are heard nightly running around up there. I live in a two story home & I do not have a ladder so it's difficult to get up there & check around. We had a couple of damaged pieces of plywood replaced recently on the roof & asked the roofer to look around for entry points the rodents might be using but he said he didn't see any.

I'm lost & out of ideas. Can anyone give me some ideas as to where these nuisances are getting in for me to have checked?

Thanks in advance.