It's not a daft question, just a topic you don't yet know about. I think you should complain about that inspector because blaming pets for condensation, or mould, is nonsense. Living creatures do release moisture into the air, of course, including us. However, your condensation is likely from the normal running of water in the kitchen and bathroom. Lack of sufficient ventilation / extraction is the problem, as this will encourage mould.
By the way, it's possible the mould spores were carried in by a pet but still pointless blaming them. It's much more likely to have arrived on a human, and may have come another way entirely. It's not possible to completely avoid exposure to spores, you can only try not to provide a favourable environment for it to take hold. Once it's started to grow you need to treat with antifungal agents. Bleach will only remove the surface growth temporarily.