Ronnie
Ronnie asked in HealthMental Health · 2 years ago

Do we all have substance abuse issues?

Technically caffeine is a drug, it is an introduced chemical that will alter the way your brain functions and processes information, nearly everyone drinks it on a daily basis

then you have the prescription addicts, people get addicted to painkillers, antidepressants, and other prep meds

then the narcotic users, so these are people that use hard drugs like weed or meth

and then alcoholics

Almost everyone you know falls into one of these categories, I myself have alcohol problems and to stoop myself using alcohol I consume a lot of caffeine as a weak subsititute

our brains are so vulnerable to addiction its pointless to fight it, who wants to live past 60 anyway?

A lot of people do dude.

Controversial opinion but I am conviced that atheism is responsible for a lot of this. Western people have no spiritual guidance.

Not anymore, I was addicted to sleepers and sedatives for about 4 years, that nightmare is over thank God but cravings never go completely

i don't do caffeine because it makes me unable to sleep, but i do probably drink too much, its too damn good its the only thing that can turn a sh*t day of hard work into something good, its no wonder so many people are alcoholics its amazing how it can numb negative feelings or stress

• Mario

I probably get too much caffeine from drinking coke, although its diet, I think that still has caffeine in it. I'm trying to make the full switch to water but diet coke is addictive.

I'm on mental health medication but sometimes don't even take even though I am supposed to so wouldn't say I am addicted to it.

Used to be on valium which helped anxiety and made me feel really chill, but not done it in a couple of years now. Other than that I have never smoked, drink hardly ever (been drunk once in my life) and never done any drugs other than valium.

Living past 60 sounds fine, there are still things to find pleasure in as an older person and we only get one shot at life. When I have felt down in the past I've always been reminded that there's so much you can do in life if you can sort your mentality out. It's there to be lived really.

Think of all the personal stuff you will miss out on, and all the hobbies (watching great football) that you won't get to enjoy if you die before 60.

• Ryan

Yeah like some women are addicted to c0ck