Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearNintendo Wii · 2 years ago

Can all gamecube games be played on wii?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

The original white Wii will work even though you need the gamecube controller and a memory to play and save the game.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 years ago

Almost all gamecube games could be played on wii, as the ORIGINAL wii is backwards compatible with the GameCube. If you see, it will even have controller slots on the top. This won't work with the wii that is red of which i forgot the name.

• 2 years ago

The original Wii, yes.

• 2 years ago

The ORIGINAL Wii (model RVL-001) has ~99% compatibility with the Gamecube & accessories.

Since the Wii did NOT have any of the expansion ports the Gamecube had, the Game Boy Player could not be supported as well as any Online or LAN features with supported Gamecube titles. However, this was only a handful of games that had such features which were rarely utilized.

For practical purposes, you don't have to worry about it. Pretty much any Gamecube game you popped into the Wii (Note: ONLY the Original Wii. The "Wii Minus' [RVL-101] & Wii Mini [RVL-201] had Gamecube support removed) & have it work.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Only the early Wii can play Gamecube games. The later models cannot.

As far as I know, you could play any Gamecube game on those Wii's. At least, I never heard of anyone having an issue with this feature.

• 2 years ago

For the most part, yes, if it s a Wii that has the Gamecube controller ports and slots.

The only things that won t work are stuff like Gamecube accessories that required the expansion ports on the bottom of the console. The only things that come to mind are the Gameboy Player and the Broadband adapter.

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Yes.

NB not on a Wii Mini.

• 2 years ago

Not all Wiis are backward compatible. The easy way to find out is if you have a flap that reveals GameCube ports and memory card slots. If they exist, then GameCube games can be played.

If you use component cables (red-green-blue-white-red) and the games support 480p mode, then you can access that mode. Otherwise, all games will be in standard 480i.

• 2 years ago

As long as you have a backwards compatible Wii, you should be able to.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.