I found out my wife of 16 years, had a one night stand the night before our wedding, all those years earlier?

I've been married sixteen years. Two kids, nice house, and very financially stable. We have a good sex life, don't fight a lot and spend a lot of quality time together. But I came across an old journal of hers, and while skimming, I came across a journal entry for two days after our wedding, where she was... show more I've been married sixteen years. Two kids, nice house, and very financially stable. We have a good sex life, don't fight a lot and spend a lot of quality time together. But I came across an old journal of hers, and while skimming, I came across a journal entry for two days after our wedding, where she was asking god for forgiveness for having a one night stand with the bouncer at the bar where she had her bacherolette party.

I have done some digging, and haven't found any signs of her currently cheating or cheating within the last 10 years. I confronted her and she admitted it. I just feel so gutted. If I knew of this back then, I wouldn't have married her. But now I just dont' know if I can forgive this. Cheating was always one of those things I couldn't forgive.

But we have 16 years of marriage, and 19 years total together. I can't fathom throwing that away, over something that she regrets, based on a lot of journal entries following our marriage. She is a good mother, wife, and friend now. I'm so conflicted.