How do I get permanent marker out of kids plastic table?

I tried mr. Clean magic erasers, nail polish remover with acetone, comet with bleach, tooth paste and baking soda, awesome. Nothing is taking it off. It took off the black marker but now all the marks are a brownish/yellow. Please help!!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

They are called 'permanent' markers for a reason.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

acetone aka nail polish remover according to wikiHOW article 4 ways to remove sharpie or permanent marker

another option is rubbing alcohol 9 out of 10 Chances the KIDS will REPEAT the BEHAVIOR one might object to

odd . PERSON who supplies children with the PERMANENT MARKERS .. other options , don't give your kids PERMANENT MARKERS ... or Instruct them on care of Property

but the last resort CONTACT paper or spray with PAINT specifically for PLASTIC comes in bright colors. before doing so .. might want to keep permanent markers out of reach and some education on care of property

once went to a YARD sale ( house was also for sale ) a home valued at $ 750,000 in the finished basement KIDS ( age 3 and 4 ) apparently were allowed to draw all over the wall and colored on EVER wall , someone allowed them access to PERMANENT MARKERS .

.. a big depreciation one might wonder if they did not care about the WALLS , what else didn't they care about

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

That word "permanent" does rather tell the story.

• 1 year ago

You can get a mr.clean magic eraser

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Respectfully suggest that wisdom is not one of your strong points, is it ? When you bought the marker it would say 'permanent marker' on the container. Why therefore did you buy it ? You didn't know about permanent marker ? Well you certainly know about it now.

Suggest that you put this event down to a well learnt experience, and with a bit of luck you won't do it again.

• 1 year ago

Paint it. You can use a spray paint or go to the craft store like Michaels.

• Theresa1 year agoReport

Think thats what I am going to do. Thank you!

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

If it is the most permanent type nothing will dissolve it. The best hope is to flatly grind it away somehow. Maybe you can scratch it off, then smooth it out with sandpaper.

I think if it were me I would spray paint the whole think for 99 cents.

May be my only option at this point. Thanks for the avice. 😊

• 1 year ago

use the product known has WD40 . its a common penetrating oil that has many other uses..

Thank you!

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You wasted a lot of resources and time rather than investigating the problem.

https://www.amodexink.com/ can work.

It may not help due to the other things you put on the ink stain that may have set then stain.

good luck.

Didnt know there was a special marker! That did not come up when i looked up how to get the marker stain out. Thanks.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It's a kids play table. Who cares?

Your right its a kids play table! And i care otherwise i would not have asked the question! 😊😊😊😊

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.