Is it acceptable to kiss a friend on the cheek?

I have a female friend that I am crushing on. (we have been friends for a little more than year) I have decided that I want to try and show her that I like her. (more than friends). Would this be acceptable to do?
Update: As a clarification, I would ensure that I got her consent (some of you seem to think that I would just steal the kiss, which is ABSOLUTELY WRONG of course). My plan was to lean in towards her cheek slowly like I wanted to kiss her there and see if she backs away or allows me. That or just plain ask her. Again, I do... show more As a clarification, I would ensure that I got her consent (some of you seem to think that I would just steal the kiss, which is ABSOLUTELY WRONG of course). My plan was to lean in towards her cheek slowly like I wanted to kiss her there and see if she backs away or allows me. That or just plain ask her. Again, I do believe that "Consent is Sexy"