I'm not a vegetarian, but I hate that animals get killed so that they are food?

I could never kill an animal for food myself. I hate the way they get slaughtered. My only explanation is that in the wild, lions kill zebras. It's like a part of nature. we happen to to above chickens, lambs etc. in the food chain. We have canine teeth designed to eat meat. I undertsand the... show more I could never kill an animal for food myself. I hate the way they get slaughtered.

My only explanation is that in the wild, lions kill zebras. It's like a part of nature.

we happen to to above chickens, lambs etc. in the food chain.

We have canine teeth designed to eat meat.

I undertsand the vegetarians' point of view.

But veganism is a bit too extreme because they do not even consume dairy products. You don't have to kill/ harm animals to get milk...if you're a vegan, why do you avoid dairy also?

Anyway, I enjoy meat but I feel like **** knowing an animal had to die to become my food.

If you eat meat, how do you deal with this?
Update: Also, animals have certain proteins and amino acids that humans need to not become deficit of minerals...apparently you can replace these with certain non- meat foods. But I'm not entirely sure this is true and whenever i go too long without meat, I fear I'll develop deficiencies/ health problems. I watched... show more Also, animals have certain proteins and amino acids that humans need to not become deficit of minerals...apparently you can replace these with certain non- meat foods. But I'm not entirely sure this is true and whenever i go too long without meat, I fear I'll develop deficiencies/ health problems. I watched videos of ex vegetarians who said they developed deficiencies and that not eating meat is not compatible with their physiology.