jess asked in PetsHorses · 2 years ago

Is my horse love me?

I’ve been doing equine therapy for the past 3 months&we have a bunch of different horses but last month I really bonded with one horse and worked with him ever since.I do think he loves me or well really likes my presence.I work with him once every week.At first I expected him to forget me. The first time I bonded with him,I was crying&he came from across the field&gave me a horse hug,I had worked with him the week before but didn’t feel connected.The whole time I worked with him he followed me without hesitation, kept putting his head as close to me as possible&kept neighing really loudly.The next time I showed up he saw me petting other horses&came right over to me&wouldn’t stop following me.Every time I show up he comes straight to me. If I pet another horse he stops what he’s doing&comes to me. He will put his face in my mine,which can scare me a bit but I think it’s not violent because he just stays there.The other week though he would not stop nibbling me, that’s all he was doing, and i didn’t understand it because he hasn’t done it before. Also, we have a podium for the horses to stand on, and right when I pull it out, he gets right on it, when others horses have to be coax on. Even if we just walk past it, he tries to get on, even though I didn’t need him to. I don’t know if he just likes the podium and knows he’s good on it, or is trying to please me. I have never worked with horses before so I don’t really understand if he likes me, but I think he might.

• horses will use you for instagram followers and entertaining tweets and then toss you to the side like my beautiful ex boyfriend Angelo did. i love you baby come back to me

It definitely sounds like he is attached to you! Good job!

• Amber

Horses bond easily and forget people easily. If you didn't go for a while he'd find someone else. Some horse's are people horses and love being around people. People mean attention and more importantly FOOD. I don't think horses have emotions like humans do and aren't capable of love. So although it's bonded with you don't let movies like 'Flicka' go to your head. Horses aren't like dogs

You mean "Does" your horse love you? You've established a bond with him, as you clearly know, so does it matter really whether or not what he feels is "love"? Isn't it enough to know that you're bonded and that he responds to you in positive ways?

• jess2 years agoReport

Love more so in a way that he cares about me&enjoys being with me.As you read Ive been doing equine therapy,as part of my treatment plan.A lot of people there myself included dont feel love from others.Rather than be condensing towards me for wanting to feel loved,try to understand why it matters.

• marty

I haven't studied horses or their emotions but if thats what you care to believe nobody can really say different

He has bonded with you. Now focus on your grammar.

• jess2 years agoReport

I original typed “is my horse connected to me” and I meant to change it to “does my horse love me” but I only changed the last part and didn’t realize until I posted and it doesn’t allow you to go back and fix it. Don’t assume someone is dumb because of a typo :)