Is my horse love me?

I’ve been doing equine therapy for the past 3 months&we have a bunch of different horses but last month I really bonded with one horse and worked with him ever since.I do think he loves me or well really likes my presence.I work with him once every week.At first I expected him to forget me. The first time I... show more I’ve been doing equine therapy for the past 3 months&we have a bunch of different horses but last month I really bonded with one horse and worked with him ever since.I do think he loves me or well really likes my presence.I work with him once every week.At first I expected him to forget me. The first time I bonded with him,I was crying&he came from across the field&gave me a horse hug,I had worked with him the week before but didn’t feel connected.The whole time I worked with him he followed me without hesitation, kept putting his head as close to me as possible&kept neighing really loudly.The next time I showed up he saw me petting other horses&came right over to me&wouldn’t stop following me.Every time I show up he comes straight to me. If I pet another horse he stops what he’s doing&comes to me. He will put his face in my mine,which can scare me a bit but I think it’s not violent because he just stays there.The other week though he would not stop nibbling me, that’s all he was doing, and i didn’t understand it because he hasn’t done it before. Also, we have a podium for the horses to stand on, and right when I pull it out, he gets right on it, when others horses have to be coax on. Even if we just walk past it, he tries to get on, even though I didn’t need him to. I don’t know if he just likes the podium and knows he’s good on it, or is trying to please me. I have never worked with horses before so I don’t really understand if he likes me, but I think he might.
7 answers 7