How to delete 'system storage' on mac?

So I had a user on my mac that took up 50GB of space, i figured if I just deleted that user the space would be deleted too since all the things downloaded would just be deleted automatically... Well no. The user is gone but the storage is still in use, this is a new mac so there's literally nothing on here... show more So I had a user on my mac that took up 50GB of space, i figured if I just deleted that user the space would be deleted too since all the things downloaded would just be deleted automatically... Well no.

The user is gone but the storage is still in use, this is a new mac so there's literally nothing on here i've downloaded and when i go onto storage it says that 50GB of storage in being used in the 'system' so how am i going to delete it? I managed to delete 30GB but i still jave about 18GB left and i have no idea how to get rid of it? Is there anyway to just delete everything on the mac almost like resetting? I have nothing on here so I'm not worried about loosing anything.