Why do young women not seem to like me and ignore me so much?

I'm a 46 year old man, but I've had this problem since my late teens. I'm not good-looking, not like a model or anything like that, but equally I don't think I'm that ugly either, I think I'm a fairly ordinary looking, reasonably nice looking guy. Yet most attractive women (i.e. the kind of... show more I'm a 46 year old man, but I've had this problem since my late teens. I'm not good-looking, not like a model or anything like that, but equally I don't think I'm that ugly either, I think I'm a fairly ordinary looking, reasonably nice looking guy. Yet most attractive women (i.e. the kind of women I would like to like me), and I'm talking youngish women in their 20s or early 30s, just seem to completely ignore me and treat me with utter disdain. It makes me really hate them and resent them at times but I don't want to, because hate and resentment are such corrosive, horrible feelings to carry around with you. But it just seems like girls / women have never really liked me and I don't really understand why. I'm not a nasty person really. It just seems so unfair.
11 answers 11