(Advice/Motivation) I have really bad social anxiety and I need to submit a short story for my writing class?

Im also a minority in the class, where a lot of the other students know each other and are friends. That adds a pressure to me in general just sitting there being this quiet odd one out. Also everyone in the class so far has written a story with a shock factor to it, going for a dark subject matter writing about... show more Im also a minority in the class, where a lot of the other students know each other and are friends. That adds a pressure to me in general just sitting there being this quiet odd one out.
Also everyone in the class so far has written a story with a shock factor to it, going for a dark subject matter writing about criminals on the run, or pedophiles or a woman with a sugar daddy etc.
Which is good for them but now I feel need to stick to this trend.

Also I have a short story I have already written a draft of, but it takes place in the future and so I made up some random bits of futuristic setting, but Im anxious that those parts are lame and cringey. But also if I don't add those descriptions then I will get critiqued for it.
Im just anxious for the whole thing especially being an odd one out in the class already. Does anyone have advice to settle my nerves, or anything to keep in mind for my story?