Can I vote without updating my registration?

So, I checked my voter registration information and I m still registered to vote at my old address in Monroe County, NY (status: inactive). However, I now live in Erie County, NY, and I forgot to update my registration. As I understand it, you re only allowed to vote if you re registered at least 30 days before... show more So, I checked my voter registration information and I m still registered to vote at my old address in Monroe County, NY (status: inactive). However, I now live in Erie County, NY, and I forgot to update my registration.

As I understand it, you re only allowed to vote if you re registered at least 30 days before an election, so if I updated by registration now, I wouldn t be allowed to vote in the primaries in November.

Is there any reason I can t just go to the polling place I m registered at in Monroe county on Election Day, even though I don t live there anymore? Do they have a way of finding out and, more importantly, can I get in trouble for that?