Should I inform him, that I am putting him on Child Support?

Long story short the father of my child has completely disappeared from my life now that I am pregnant. I haven't heard anything from him in the past 4 months. I am due to give birth before Thanksgiving. I've recently went on his social media page and found out that he is spending money on tattoos that... show more Long story short the father of my child has completely disappeared from my life now that I am pregnant. I haven't heard anything from him in the past 4 months. I am due to give birth before Thanksgiving. I've recently went on his social media page and found out that he is spending money on tattoos that probably cost over 150. Yet he hasn't offered not even a penny for diapers. There is no doubt in my mind that I am putting him on Child Support. The thing is should I reach out to him and give him the courtsey of letting him know or just wait until the sherrif sends someone out to his house or job to serve him?
Update: A hunch: Ummmmm thanks and all for the irrelevant advice and whatever anger issues my question may have triggered, but ummmmm my question was SHOULD I TELL HIM out of courtsey.
Update 2: Anon: Thank you!!! Like d**mn am I not even supposed to by clothes before hand so I can have something to put my baby in for when we leave the hospital. You, Jeff and Rick seem to comprehend my question. Smh...anyone with common sense knows you can't put anyone on CS until after the baby is born. Thats why I... show more Anon: Thank you!!! Like d**mn am I not even supposed to by clothes before hand so I can have something to put my baby in for when we leave the hospital. You, Jeff and Rick seem to comprehend my question. Smh...anyone with common sense knows you can't put anyone on CS until after the baby is born. Thats why I am asking before hand.