Question about babies eye color?

My eyes are brown. My boyfriend are eyes are blue and his mom had blue and his dad has brown. My dad has blues eyes and my mom has brown. What are the chances of our childrens eyes pf having blue eyes?

50%

Your boyfriend will pass on the recessive blue, and you have both the dominant brown and recessive blue so it all matters on what you pass on!

• Sabrina2 years agoReport

That's what i thought! Thanks!

• Ontou

50/50. I'm about to have a baby and my whole family has green or blue eyes and my husbands whole family has brown so I have the same odds. Cant wait to find out.

• Jahal

Who cares? Blue eyed are not special

• you weren't paying attention to Mandellian genetics in High School, were you?

Those saying 50/50 are relying on Punnett Squares, which were deemed incorrect years ago. We now know that genes from many generations past come into play. That means no one can tell you exact percentages.

While brown is dominant, because you have a recessive blue gene, your children have a chance of having blue eyes if you pass along your blue gene. Genetic odds are 50-50.

My husband and I both have brown eyes, with a recessive blue gene. One of our daughters has blue eyes, and one has brown eyes.

• Sabrina2 years agoReport

Oh that's cool thanks!

33%

Are you doing some research to see if it will be obvious someone cheated?

Slim.