Do you think studying in art school is harder than studying to become a nurse?

Ok so my sister and I got into an argument just a while ago about my college studies. I told her how nursing school is very tiring and sometimes stressful on me. There’s so much memorization and there are times when you have no choice but to pile your schedule with all the harder classes. Im so busy 24/7 most of the time I don’t have time to have a social life, and then she’s saying how she went to art school and worked part time and how it would be just as difficult or probably even more than studying to become a nurse.

1 year ago

The answer depends upon the individual. Some people will find one course of study easy, and the other impossible. Others will be the opposite. I have my Ms in Information Science and spent a lot of time memorizing formulas and figures. It was pretty easy for me. But an art degree would be impossible for me because I lack the eye and perception for it. And yet I have a friend who is a brilliant artist who breezed through her Art degree as well as her graduate degree in Education.

• April
    1 year ago

It depends on your abilities, but in general STEM majors are more difficult that liberal arts majors. When you're handling people's lives, it's a big deal; so you have to work hard to prove you're going to be competent. It could be that your sister was taking on too many hours with a full course load. Not everybody is university material.

• 1 year ago

Fellow nursing student here. Tell her to kick rocks if she really believes that! 😂 Nursing is definitely one of the TOP 3 most difficult under grad majors !!! People always think their worthless Major is harder than nursing until they see our workload