Why isnt lamb more popular in america, im american and asking?

ive never eaten lamb, mainly because here in america its seen as "sort of werid" and a "foreign food", at least that was my personal perception and i consider myself pretty typical. i recently started buying it and cooking it from the grocery store, and i find it superior to ribeye in many... show more ive never eaten lamb, mainly because here in america its seen as "sort of werid" and a "foreign food", at least that was my personal perception and i consider myself pretty typical.

i recently started buying it and cooking it from the grocery store, and i find it superior to ribeye in many ways, way more fatty and when marinated right and pan seared it is much tastier than ribeye
however, when cooked wrong, ribeye still tastes OK, but the lamb is not very good.
Update: @MJ12 why would i troll about something so stupid, and why did you go anonymous lol.