Should I fully upgrade to a new pc, or can I just upgrade certain parts of my computer for gaming?

I play PUBG, which as most of you know is rather strenuous for many PC's. I have an old Gateway FX6800-01e with some additional upgrades on it. I replaced the old radeon graphics card with a GeForce 1050 Ti, and I added some extra RAM which brought it up to about 18 GB. PUBG runs at 30 FPS and does not change... show more I play PUBG, which as most of you know is rather strenuous for many PC's. I have an old Gateway FX6800-01e with some additional upgrades on it. I replaced the old radeon graphics card with a GeForce 1050 Ti, and I added some extra RAM which brought it up to about 18 GB. PUBG runs at 30 FPS and does not change whether or not I change the graphics from ultra to very low. I understand that the CPU is being very overworked due to its age, especially considering how loud the fans eventually get during gameplay. Replacing my processor would mean replacing my motherboard to host a newer processor. So my question whether or not I should just take out my GeForce and RAM and start fresh, or if I can run games at 80+ FPS by solely upgrading the motherboard and CPU. Money is a pretty big factor in this and I am looking for mid range things, so I'd like to know the cheaper AND the better option and consider both. Any answers would be helpful since I am only mildly experienced with assembling computers. Dumbing your answers down for me might also be a good idea. Thank you.