My fights with my mom are becoming worse due to her completely unpredictable mental state.If I call CPS,will they separate me from my mom?

Fights with my mom where she would scream at me for the smallest of things have been a problem ever since I was a child.However with years passing these fights are becoming unbearable and more and more brutal,to the point where I sit on my bed and number reasons to wake up tomorrow.They can get so bad to the point... show more Fights with my mom where she would scream at me for the smallest of things have been a problem ever since I was a child.However with years passing these fights are becoming unbearable and more and more brutal,to the point where I sit on my bed and number reasons to wake up tomorrow.They can get so bad to the point where she is holding me by my shirt,slapping me repeatedly while I am screaming and crying.There can also be hair pulling,pushing,hitting and pinching.At times she would not let me lock my room door,and would proceed to walk around our house screaming what cow and piece of **** I am,and how she doesn t want a child like this.I haven t told anyone except my dad (who doesn t live with us) about this,and he did almost call CPS a couple of times but I urged him not to,because I was afraid they would take me away from my mom.I can t imagine living without her,but she is completely emotionally unstable and I just want someone to help her and me,without me being taken to my dad or another home.What do I do?