Is it inaccurate to report the weight of a sample to be <0.00 grams? (chemistry lab)?

i was weighing a very small sample of a compound that i produced from an experiment. when i weighed it on a top-loading balance, it did not read at all and it just showed 0.00g my fault for not using a more sensitive balance but with the data that i have, would it be inaccurate to say that it weighs <0.00... show more i was weighing a very small sample of a compound that i produced from an experiment. when i weighed it on a top-loading balance, it did not read at all and it just showed 0.00g

my fault for not using a more sensitive balance but with the data that i have, would it be inaccurate to say that it weighs <0.00 grams? or should i say <0.01g? i just don't want the <0.00 grams to be mistaken as a negative number when i'm just trying to say that it may have weighed 0.005 grams or something.
Update: for anyone curious, we were doing a recrystallization experiment (organic chemistry) and that was my third crop of crystals, which is why it weighs super low