My cat is locked in my roommates room, what do I do?

I’m so upset. I’ve been listening to my cat crying, locked in the room of someone I rent to. I had a family event, so I had to leave and returned 3hrs later and my cat is still in the room, crying and wanting out. I tried calling and texting her and finally 5 min ago she responded. She called me and told me, it’s... show more I’m so upset. I’ve been listening to my cat crying, locked in the room of someone I rent to. I had a family event, so I had to leave and returned 3hrs later and my cat is still in the room, crying and wanting out. I tried calling and texting her and finally 5 min ago she responded. She called me and told me, it’s ok. I said no, don’t tell me it’s ok. I had to listen to her cry before you left and now I’m going home after 3hrs and I’m going to have to listen to her cry longer. Then I told her she needs to come home and let her out. She said she is on her way, but I could feel the tension. I leave Home at times and I have to leave the cat indoors during the day, but she atleast has access to her food and water and the entire home.

I’m walking on thin water with her because I need her and I don’t think I’ve been her favorite person lately. How should I handle this without it causing more tension between us?