promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do homeowners associations usually allow one house to always have 5 cars parked in the street blocking someone else’s driveway?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

I am not sure about the number of cars that are allowed in the street, but I do know that it is against the law to block someone's driveway, regardless of where you live. You have a right to freely pass to and from your home via an unobstructed driveway or path to your home.

Call the association and get the answers you seek. We cannot guess what your homeowner's association rules are. Check and educate yourself.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • lkl
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

To even have a drivers permit you absolutely must know you don't park closer then 4 ft. from someone's driveway, it blocks mail trucks, ambulances, some fire hydrants, other peoples driveways and I'd call the police make a anonymous complaint. Hawaii on O'ahu has big problems and the responses some give are "What about when I like throw parties" Quote, laughed when I saw it on YT.

• 2 years ago

No

• 2 years ago

stop trolling. you know the street is public which belongs to the city, county etc. call the cops.. if they are actually blocking your drive way..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

There are many ways that the homeowners association deals with the situation. And I think parking 5 cars in front of a someone else's driveway is not a good thing and no associations will allow that.

• well of course not

• 2 years ago

Hey, this is your neighbor, shut the **** up and quit ratting me out to the hoa or I'm going to come over there and give ya what for. Now, as an apology for the trouble you've caused me you can wash the five cars I got blocking your driveway. Do it.

• 2 years ago

Blocking someones drive way is illegal by city code anywhere. Contact the police department.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

it's not even up to the HOA; that's a matter for the Parking Enforcement or Police dept.............you need to contact one of them ( photos are a good idea )

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

HOAs usually don't allow ONE car to block someone else's driveway.

Read the rules and regulations, and/or contact the association board.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.