Is it safe use coconut oil on a cats toes?

Before you jump down my throat to call a vet and look elsewhere, I have looked and also will talk to my vet, however, it's early Sunday morning, the usual vet is not open, and this isn't a life or death situation so I'm not going to travel out 3 hours with a very nervous cat to an emergency vet. My cat... show more Before you jump down my throat to call a vet and look elsewhere, I have looked and also will talk to my vet, however, it's early Sunday morning, the usual vet is not open, and this isn't a life or death situation so I'm not going to travel out 3 hours with a very nervous cat to an emergency vet.

My cat has very dry toe pads at the moment, they're not cracked or anything. Just very, very dry, and I know some brands sell products for their pads to keep them healthy and moisturized but I don't have that right now sadly and so, I've read some different things saying to use cocoa butter, aloe vera, olive oil, all sorts of stuff. The most logical seeming one is coconut oil, because it isn't an outright liquid and will be easier to get on her feet without much fuss. I'm not worried about her licking it off because I plan to stay by her for a while, until whatever ends up being used "settles." But if she does somehow manage to, will it make her sick? Will simply absorbing it into her skin make her sick? Is there anything instead that I should use that you personally know of?

Thank you!