What does kidney infection feel like?

Last Saturday I was at er for UTI my pee turned to straight blood by the time I got there after six hours they sent me home with no antibiotics told me drink lots of water well by Monday the pai was worse so I called a doctor and they were shocked I wasn’t given antibiotics so they prescribed me Bactrim DS I have... show more Last Saturday I was at er for UTI my pee turned to straight blood by the time I got there after six hours they sent me home with no antibiotics told me drink lots of water well by Monday the pai was worse so I called a doctor and they were shocked I wasn’t given antibiotics so they prescribed me Bactrim DS I have been taking it since Tuesday.
Now I woke up with pain on my lower left side of back not sharp just dull but still there I’ve been using heating pads I’m still drinking lots of water aswell could this be a sign that infection spread to kidneys? If I’m on bactrim shouldn’t that stop it from spreading? I really don’t want to land in the ER again I was absolutely miserable