If you hit someone's car in a parking lot and there is ZERO damage, do you HAVE to notify the owner?

So I was pulling out of the mall parking lot and there was this car to my right which was very improperly parked, pretty much hugging my car and angled. My car is a big bodied sedan and these spots were narrow plus there was another large sedan to my left. I think you know where this is going...as I pulled out I... show more So I was pulling out of the mall parking lot and there was this car to my right which was very improperly parked, pretty much hugging my car and angled. My car is a big bodied sedan and these spots were narrow plus there was another large sedan to my left. I think you know where this is going...as I pulled out I could literately not avoid hitting the car on my right. I cringed as I heard the sounds of metal scraping against metal and looked around to make sure nobody was looking.

Since nobody was around, I got out of my car to inspect the damage after I had pulled completely out of the spot. NO damage on either car. My car is black and the car I sideswiped was silver. No paint transfer or any dings/scratches which was surprising considering the sounds I heard as I pulled out. Since there was no damage, I did not leave a note or go off looking for the owner. I just left the lot. Is this acceptable? I mean there was no damage so I don't see the big deal but if I was to get caught leaving the scene, could I have gotten in trouble? What would you've done in this situation? Thanks for answering!!