Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 year ago

"Beauty is only skin deep" BUT SURELY IT GOES AS DEEP AS THE DNA ITSELF?

SO BEUTY IS DEEP?

The saying is inane?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Qqqqq

• 1 year ago

Beauty, I mean absolute beauty is two hearts meeting and the rest doesn't matter

• 1 year ago

Personality, compatibility, and a person who will be there for you long term you’ll love deeply and all the qualities that come with that are always far more important on a deep level than merely good looks, don’t get me wrong, but let’s be honest here a partner is a person you’re also going to have sex (and if you’re hetero, potentially make babies with) with so looks are a component of choosing a mate, too. It’s not by far the most important thing, but come on you’re going to see the person every day all the time and sleep with them, so...beauty is at least somewhat important, right? It might also happen to be the very first thing you notice about them, for a variety of reasons including biological ones. I don’t think that’s being superficial at all it’s more just a fact of life. But yes how you look is in your DNA, and how certain people find you attractive or not to a degree is in theirs.

• 1 year ago

No it’s not skin deep

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

You did not finish the saying, "Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone." It is a stupid bigoted saying from my youth. As for DNA it only goes so far, the rest is luck of the draw.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

yes you are correct

• Zhu
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like black hair. Others like blondes.

• 1 year ago

No...the saying is right on. It's saying that our judgement of beauty is not based on deep worthwhile criteria. And the surface skin is as shallow as one gets when judging people. That DNA argument makes no sense as the only DNA evidence we see is the skin. We don't see any DNA deeper than that.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

That is partially true, but environment (air quality, diet, etc) also plays a large part. Inner beauty also shines through. Out beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

• 1 year ago

In a sense, but only because your DNA makes you better or worse at changing your appearance in a manner likely to please others.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.