How do you feel about men getting charged more for car insurance?

I hear it’s because even though women cause more crashes, men cause more severe crashes. It’s still seems unfair to me though.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

This is not the way it is. It has been proven, by statistics, young men are in more accidents than young females.

• 1 year ago

Statistics show that younge men have more accidents than young women, therefore the rates are higher. Also if you are single rates are higher. Also if you have bad credit your rates are higher. Statistics DO set rates on various classes of people.

• 1 year ago

i dont know if man is the right word but a lot of younger guys like to drive fast and reckless to impress the ladies lol.

• 1 year ago

I feel all insurance folded

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Hi simple till the national records get viewed by the insurance companies, and males becomes less fuelled by testrone which causes more road traffic accidents. then the figures show generally fewer females have less expensive accidents.

• 1 year ago

No, it's not men. It's young men. The younger they are, the more they're charged for car insurance. The other part of your question is also wrong, because women don't cause more accidents than men. Women are getting causing more accidents than they used to, but they're still not crashing more than men.

Insurance companies aren't doing this just because they're evil, because being evil requires having a soul. Insurance companies are completely soulless. They charge more for young men because they have proof that young men are more likely to crash. They all study statistics very closely, and the statistics have always been the same. Year after year, decade after decade, males under 25 have been crashing harder and more often than anyone else.

• 1 year ago

It's not directly because of either of those reasons. It's because of the amount of money that the insurance companies pay in claims for accidents. They don't really care why men cost them more -- they just know that men do cost them more, so they have to charge men more to avoid losing money on them.

• 1 year ago

It is called underwriting. Statisticians assess risk based on statistics.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

It’s unfair. Women have higher health insurance claims, if it’s illegal to charge them higher premiums.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Young men, not all men. Men under 25 and bmw owners

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Yeah, cause that's better. Lol

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.