Do you think this mouse has a chance of living?

This morning I came into work and there was a mouse trapped on one of those sticky traps. I don't know how long he had been there. I poured some degreaser on the glue and got him off carefully but it looked like he had broken his back legs. He was wiggling but not walking. I put him outside and a few hours... show more This morning I came into work and there was a mouse trapped on one of those sticky traps. I don't know how long he had been there. I poured some degreaser on the glue and got him off carefully but it looked like he had broken his back legs. He was wiggling but not walking. I put him outside and a few hours later I checked on him and he was still just lying there. He was alive but obviously hadn't run off. Do you think he's even going to live?
I just hate those traps. I want to think that even if he dies outside, it's better than if he died on that trap because maybe he knows that I tried to help him...