Why does my boyfriend bring up gay men but still gets aroused by me?

I’ve been in a relationship with my boyfriend for about a year. He is very affectionate and loving towards me. He told me he loved me very early on in the relationship. Just recently we went away together and he asked me if I was ready for a commitment or marriage and said he might propose to me and he was asking... show more I’ve been in a relationship with my boyfriend for about a year. He is very affectionate and loving towards me. He told me he loved me very early on in the relationship.
Just recently we went away together and he asked me if I was ready for a commitment or marriage and said he might propose to me and he was asking me what timescale he wanted me to propose.

I get confused about his love for me because Sometimes when we are together he will bring up gay men, for instance he will say ‘promiscuity is high in the gay comminity’ And he will talk about the risks of gay sex and how the anus can tear and that you can catch STI’s more easily that way. He also told me a story that when he was on holiday he stumbled across a gay community where men were kissing each other.

He also keeps telling me that marriage is for a man and a woman. He treats me really well and when he got back from being away from me he surprised me with a visit. He also travelled to see me when I was away.

When go swimming together or if we start kissing my boyfriend will tell me that he has an erection and sometimes he will put my leg on it and tell me if I can feel it. It automatically happens every time we kiss or get close. We haven’t had sexual relations and are waiting till marriage.

Why does he keep bringing up gay men and sex but still gets aroused by me. Does he really love me like he says? I am so confused