Why has Y!A gone down the drain?

Update:

SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE OFFENDED PEOPLE: I still like Y!A, don't get too upset now

39 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I blame Verizon. Everyone thought they would fix things, what a joke that's turned out to be. First they got rid of the column on the left hand side where we had our favorite sections pinned. Remember that? Then the point reset meter broke and now this. And oh yeah, they had several shut downs for "maintenance repairs", but nothing was really fixed, lol..

• I wish, lol. I'd like to see our pinned sections come back, they were on the left hand side of the home page and made navigation easier.

• 1 year ago

And out the sluice pipe on Taco Night

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I think i may have accidently killed the moderators by blowing up a certain building and Yahoo is too lazy to replace them with new workers. Oops.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I could write you a long paragraph like the other users did, but really it's just one word: Trolls.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

People.

• It has sucked always, but after 2010, the funny people abandoned it, kids took over. Now I see a few adults, I GUESS...but theres an awful lot of political lying and hating. Yea, I'd say flush, wash hands, leave.

...It's a shame because 2007-2009 Polls & Surveys was a hilarious place to go! Life's natural comics all collected there, but the stupid report button made everyone finally say f it, because of the trolling and god dam Y00h00 itself punishing us for making their ad space valuable for them. SHltheads. ....There was also ANSWERBAG, but that closed. I even tried Reddit, but I cant even read their 1990's style graphics.

• 1 year ago

Because the boi's at yahoo probably see YA as more of a drain of bandwidth than actual profit.

• 1 year ago

Fake news, Phoenix. I still enjoy it. "The drain" is a matter of opinion.

• Phoenix1 year agoReport

Didn't say I didn't still enjoy it. It's certainly less enjoyable without the features it use to have. I was a regular on here from 2008-2012 but life changes, I got busier and I just am not as frequent here anymore. Btw, you can't claim "fake news" about opinions.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If you're talking about the functionality, yahoo fücked it up years ago with progressive steps "redesigning the website" that took it from perfection functional to something that barely works and often fails.

If you're talking about the quality of the users and their answers, the primary reason it's gone to the gutter is one single setting "Make Anonymous". The site used to have its fair share of trolls, but once they could hide their already-anonymous screen names behind another layer of anonymity like little chickensh!ts, it's brought out the childishness and trolling a thousand times more. And with yahoo doing almost nothing to respond to complaints about abusers of the site, the trolls feel they can get away with posting anything and behaving however they want. I've been using this site for close to a decade now and have posted thousands and thousands of answers, and never once have I set any answer or question I've written to anonymous. Whether writing a long detailed answer or telling some racist to fück off, I have the integrity to put my name behind it every time.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

It's gotten a lot worse since Verizon bought it. I suspect the programmers don't know what they're doing.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

The Master flushed it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.