Can you still dress like a teen when you're 20?

Ik Im just 20 and Im young and blaah but I still feel old af. I really love wearing short skirts/shorts, shirts with weird stuff on them, cute dresses, crazy paterns, glitter and neon and all that stuff but my friends all kinda started dressing "normal" since we left high school. They still dress young... show more Ik Im just 20 and Im young and blaah but I still feel old af. I really love wearing short skirts/shorts, shirts with weird stuff on them, cute dresses, crazy paterns, glitter and neon and all that stuff but my friends all kinda started dressing "normal" since we left high school. They still dress young but it's all just nude or muted colors, no crazy paterns, sleek and sophisticated. They look like they belong in a Tommy Hilfiger ad pretty much. I have been starting to dress more like them because I felt weird being around people that look like they could own a boat and then I'm there with my glitter jacket and "slutty" dresses (their words not mine) I feel **** tho dressing like this. It's no fun and I love fashion so much that sometimes a cute outfit is the only reason I leave the house. I just wanna know if it's them or me. Do they dress too old for their age or am I the one that should grow up?
Update: Clarification, I dont look like an immature mess I still look cute just... not like a "professional adult". If you know theraggedpriest or unif, that's what I dress like. It's very in your face but I dont look dumb.
13 answers 13