Why do Muslim women wear a hijab in front of gay men but not other women?

So I study hairdressing, I’m the only boy on my course. There’s two classes, in the other class is a Muslim girl who wears a hijab. So one day I needed to go into the other class to borrow something from someone, so I knocked on first and one of the other girls told me to come in, but the Muslim girl had her hijab... show more So I study hairdressing, I’m the only boy on my course. There’s two classes, in the other class is a Muslim girl who wears a hijab.

So one day I needed to go into the other class to borrow something from someone, so I knocked on first and one of the other girls told me to come in, but the Muslim girl had her hijab off so as she saw me she panicked and threw it over her face as she asked one of the other girls to tell me to leave? They all know I’m gay.

I read this “Muslim women are required to observe the hijab in front of any man they could theoretically marry. This means that hijab is not obligatory in front of the father, brothers, grandfathers, uncles or young children.”

Well theoretically they wouldn’t marry someone who is gay? And she wasn’t wearing it in front of the girls in her class so how was I any different?