How to deal with family's judgement of tattoos?

I really want to get a couple tattoos once I save up enough money, but my family is against them. I want to get a small cross on my wrist with "agape" written on the side and the miraculous medal on my ankle. I'm hoping that since they're religious, my family will be more accepting. I'm... show more I really want to get a couple tattoos once I save up enough money, but my family is against them. I want to get a small cross on my wrist with "agape" written on the side and the miraculous medal on my ankle. I'm hoping that since they're religious, my family will be more accepting. I'm interviewing to work in a school so I want to wait until I get a job, but my supervisors have all had tattoos and said that they have just covered them up during interviews and there has never been an issue. My mom has said that she doesn't like tattoos, but she wouldn't judge if my siblings and I would ever get any. I feel like my dad and my aunts/grandpap would be a different story though...

What are your opinions/experiences on telling your parents about getting a tattoo? Should I tell them before or wait until after I get it done? How did you go about starting that conversation?

Thanks for any advice!