Were you, your father, or grandfather in WW II or WW I?

I was in WW II, enlisting at age 17. I lied about my age to get in. I suspect that would not work today. My grandfather fought in WW I. I felt strongly about enlisting, so that is what I did. I am working on a book about my experience and the experience of my grandfather. By the way, I posted this before. If you... show more I was in WW II, enlisting at age 17. I lied about my age to get in. I suspect that would not work today. My grandfather fought in WW I. I felt strongly about enlisting, so that is what I did. I am working on a book about my experience and the experience of my grandfather.

By the way, I posted this before. If you see it again, then please note that I am trying to gather as much anecdotal evidence I can for my book. I know you can't possibly reach everyone by posting a thread just one time, so here it is again. If you already posted and want to add, then please do so. If you saw this thread the first time and just want to enjoy others' stories, then sit back, relax, and enjoy!