So, about this whole election hacking fiasco?

Arent electronic votes on a separate network? How would it be possible to "hack" electronic votes unless somebody gained direct (physical) access to the network? And if a Russian spy or spies managed to gain direct access to the US electronic votes network, it means the US counterintelligence SERIOUSLY... show more Arent electronic votes on a separate network? How would it be possible to "hack" electronic votes unless somebody gained direct (physical) access to the network?

And if a Russian spy or spies managed to gain direct access to the US electronic votes network, it means the US counterintelligence SERIOUSLY dropped the ball. After all, the electronic votes network is supposed to be kept secure at all costs.

Don't mistake me for a Trump supporter, i think the man is an idiot. And if the Russians really did help him win, it most certainly was because they thought it would be advantageous to put a dumbass in power in USA.

I am asking the question because i wonder how it would even be possible to "hack" elections.
Update: To be honest, it all seems like Holywood/Mission Impossible kind of bullshit to me.