Is the hole that a bolt goes through to mount a lawn mower engine to the engine deck suppose to be slightly bigger than the bolt?

Update: trying to mount a new engine on my mower deck and the bolt I have been told is definitely the right one, as it has a part number and I am trying to bolt it from the bottom , going up, as was told to do, and whenever I try to get the bolt to screw through the hole it just turns and I don't know if there is some... show more trying to mount a new engine on my mower deck and the bolt I have been told is definitely the right one, as it has a part number and I am trying to bolt it from the bottom , going up, as was told to do, and whenever I try to get the bolt to screw through the hole it just turns and I don't know if there is some special technique to get it started...do some just tap it with a hammer first to get it going through or do they use a power drill ..other?
Update 2: is it suppose to just slide through the holes or is it suppose to screw through ? it is a 5/8 size bolt so do I need to get a 5/8 drill bit & drill through?