can i put 15 30 oil in a Vauxhall zafira 1.6 petrol Castrol its a 2004 with over 100000 miles?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

HI best to use 20 w 50 oil as the engine needs much better lubrication now it has passed the 100 k miles. a can of STP would also make it sound a lot less noisy.

• 2 years ago

Probably but I'd check the manual to be sure.

• 2 years ago

If yours has the Z16XE engine you should be running semi-synthetic 10W40 oil.

You need 3.5L approx.

• 2 years ago

Just use high mileage oil the same weight as the motor calls for. Valvoline High Mileage synthetic blend works great. I change it every 3000 to 3800 miles in my vehicle. Don't use heavier weight oils.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Use only the weight Vauxhall recommends. Just buy in a High Mileage blend.

• 2 years ago

Of course you can just undo the filler cap and pour it in. Any average oil is good for it.

• gavin2 years agoReport

Don't be a dick all the time

• 2 years ago

you would be better using a 10-40 grade ...even a 10-50 ...30 is thin for hot summer ...ford have just bought out their best oil ever ..( according to them) the grade ? 10-60 ..they reckon is suitable for even supercars

• D50
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

It'll probably be fine with just about any oil. What does the manual specify?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.