Cashier Maths Question for person w/Severe Maths Anxiety: How to pay customer? What s the additional amount to request to pay the difference?

If an item costs 6.85, the customer gives 7.00 & there s only 0.50 in the till, how re they paid? What additional amount to request to pay the difference? What s this type of cashier problem solving called? Is there an specific resource I can use to practice this type of cashier problem solving? I recently... show more If an item costs 6.85, the customer gives 7.00 & there s only 0.50 in the till, how re they paid? What additional amount to request to pay the difference?

What s this type of cashier problem solving called? Is there an specific resource I can use to practice this type of cashier problem solving?

I recently discovered I have severe maths anxiety. In school, I found maths quite easy, but as I ve not really used maths, as things are now automated, I noticed that I find it difficult to do basic calculations and mental arithmetic.
Update: Thanks for the responses so far. To clarify, my question is an example/hypothetical. Hence, I'm solely concerned w/the maths required to correctly hand the customer. Please only view my question as a MATHS question and nothing else ...so pretend that the till was low, as aforementioned. If I only have 0.50 to... show more Thanks for the responses so far. To clarify, my question is an example/hypothetical. Hence, I'm solely concerned w/the maths required to correctly hand the customer. Please only view my question as a MATHS question and nothing else

...so pretend that the till was low, as aforementioned. If I only have 0.50 to give, am I right in thinking I'd ask the customer for an additional 0.35 (brining their hand to 7.35), as a 0.50 difference on the 6.85 cost is 7.35?

If I'm wrong, please let me know.