Question about image copyright law, Can I use a picture I draw of Elvis?

Hi guys! I have a question about public domain images / copyright law. I will start by saying that I am a video game developer. I recently came up with a very good idea for a new character that I want to design but I first have to make sure I am not violating any copyright laws. I have to be specific here, I am... show more Hi guys!

I have a question about public domain images / copyright law.

I will start by saying that I am a video game developer.
I recently came up with a very good idea for a new character that I want to design but I first have to make sure I am not violating any copyright laws.
I have to be specific here, I am looking to draw this character, not use any actual pictures of this character.
It is a cartoony Space age Frankenstein Disco Elvis type character.
This character would be used in a video game that will be sold for money and used on my web site.
So I am trying to look up anything I need to know about copyright law. Are drawings of elvis considered a copyright infringement?
And before anyone asks, NO, I will not be using any of his music, just a cartoony character that looks like him who likes to boogy down to space age disco music.