What smartphone should I get?

My iphone 4S has gotten slow enough to be pretty much unusable, so it's finally time for an upgrade. Are other companies as bad as Apple about planned obsolescence? I'd like a phone that will last several years and be able to handle software updates. All the new models are huge! I want a phone that fits... show more My iphone 4S has gotten slow enough to be pretty much unusable, so it's finally time for an upgrade.

Are other companies as bad as Apple about planned obsolescence? I'd like a phone that will last several years and be able to handle software updates.

All the new models are huge! I want a phone that fits in my pocket. Or comes with a belt clip or something.

I mostly use the phone for gaming and internet. I'd like to be able to pull it out and google something without lag time. Don't need a great camera or tons of storage or fingerprint scanning.

I'm willing to pay for quality, but I'm not willing to pay for trendiness. I'd take a Galaxy S7 over an S8 - the features look identical and the older model is that much cheaper. But again, I'd need the company to still support older models a few years from now.
1 answer 1