I kicked my vegan friend out and apparently I was out of line?

Me and her (let's call her Amy) have been friends for about 5 years. Last week her boyfriend kicked her out (she cheated on him). She asked me if she could live with me and I said OK. Amy became a vegan about a year ago. I wouldn't call myself a true meat eater (the only meat I eat is fish and chicken. The... show more Me and her (let's call her Amy) have been friends for about 5 years. Last week her boyfriend kicked her out (she cheated on him). She asked me if she could live with me and I said OK.
Amy became a vegan about a year ago. I wouldn't call myself a true meat eater (the only meat I eat is fish and chicken. The rest of my food is sweet stuff, fruit and veg).
I DID say to her that she could buy whatever food stuff and drinks she wanted (I made room for her in the fridge and freezer for her stuff) but don't throw away my stuff. She accepted the offer.

Whenever I made my dinner (we made dinner at different times) she would made comments about it, critising, being annoying. I told her that I don't like people who try to convert people into their beliefs (religion, food). She left it.
When I got home from work (I work from half 6 in the morning to 3pm. Amy works from home on her computer). I went to get a drink when I opened the fridge ALL of my stuff was gone (milk, chesse etc) and was replaced by vegan stuff. I checked the freezer, cardboards and my stuff was replaced.

I demanded answers from Amy and she said that she was making a point and that I was wrong for having things like this. I got mad and threw her and her stuff out.
Since then I've had her friends saying I was out of line, and not respecting her and her lifestyle. I told them I don't care about peoples lifestyles as long as they don't convert mine. Atm she's living in a hostel. Was I out of line?