Can we pray for anything we want?

68 Answers

Relevance
  • Ranger
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Best answer

Yes, you can pray for anything, but praying does not mean you will receive it.

• Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

So if you don't pray for anything, you can dismiss god as a fictional character ?. Good reasoning old timer.

• 1 year ago

yes if you pray things will get better and he does hear you and your needs

the lord hears all

• 1 year ago

First you need to repent.

Why should God answer any that does not want Him?

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes, but if you act like an idiot then God will treat you like an idiot, ignoring your prayer or giving you what you really need instead.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Yes. Pray for anything you want, but know that God will answer your prayer with either a 'yes' or a 'no'.

• Hari
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Yes, but it won't make any difference.

• Carym
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Of course, but there are conditions: God is asking for faith and obedience...

[1 John 3:21-22] Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God, and we will receive from Him whatever we ask, because we keep His commandments and do what is pleasing in His sight.

[1 John 5:14-15] And this is the confidence that we have before Him: If we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we already possess what we have asked of Him.

• Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

Donald not judging someone!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

• 1 year ago

Yes. That doesn't mean you can get anything you want.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Chi girl
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

NCWA -- Who do you think you are?? I owe you nothing. I didn't read your other question. And "immature idiots" call people names.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Typical atheistic ignorance

Again

For those of us who actually BELONG TO CHRIST, which you obviously don’t, we pray for what GOD WANTS-NOT for what WE want!

• WOOWHO
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

the question had nothing about Christianity about ANY concept of prayer ritual of many societies and cultures "CHRISTIANS" do not OWN the word PRAY Ambrose Bierice's definition of prayer is a man who thinks god arranged matter ALL WRONG and want to instruct it how to put it right

• "The Lord is my shepherd and there is nothing I shall want" Psalm 23-28

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.