Shouldn't a handyman have told me there would be an extra charge to haul my old water heater away?

Suddenly in the middle of the job, that's now lasted over four hours & still not done, he announced it would be $80.00 to haul away my old water heater because that's how much it cost at the dump. I do not want to pay that, as I'm already paying far too much as it is. I now have to have the old... show more Suddenly in the middle of the job, that's now lasted over four hours & still not done, he announced it would be $80.00 to haul away my old water heater because that's how much it cost at the dump. I do not want to pay that, as I'm already paying far too much as it is.

I now have to have the old water heater lay around in my backyard for two weeks for the city to pick it up, because that's when they say there next appointment would be do it. I'm an old woman alone & I do not have the physical strength to move this water heater out to the street two weeks from now. I was told by the city they will not come onto my property to move it to the street two weeks from now. So now I either pay the $80.00, or hope I can find someone to move this for me two weeks from now. The handyman's son said he'd come back & do it if I paid him $15.00. That's much cheaper, but I don't even want to pay him that after not being told this. Big deal if he came back & moved it for free after what I'm paying! I guess I'll have no other choice but to pay the $15.00 if I can't find anyone else to do it. I sure won't be using this handyman again for not telling me about the extra charge of hauling it away.
Update: There's some real smart idiots here with giving stupid answers of what I should have known. So sorry I didn't know. You could be taken advantage of too in another way, so don't think it can't happen.
Update 2: The handyman finally said he'd been thinking about it & offered to return on the day the trash is picked up & move it out to the street for me. He should have offered this before, so the fools on here who have enjoyed abusing me can grow up & realize he should have offered this originally. Not to... show more The handyman finally said he'd been thinking about it & offered to return on the day the trash is picked up & move it out to the street for me. He should have offered this before, so the fools on here who have enjoyed abusing me can grow up & realize he should have offered this originally. Not to just suddenly spring this on me I'd have to pay quite a lot more to have him haul it off to the dump. Don't forget, you could get tricked in other areas of your life.
Update 3: This is how you tell the men between the boys. BIG DEAL to have the handyman move the old water heater out to the street for the special trash pick up for an elderly woman. I'm not going to ever hire this fool again, or refer him to anyone for him making me worry like I had to. How pathetic the fools on here... show more This is how you tell the men between the boys. BIG DEAL to have the handyman move the old water heater out to the street for the special trash pick up for an elderly woman. I'm not going to ever hire this fool again, or refer him to anyone for him making me worry like I had to. How pathetic the fools on here abusing me over this. I will pray Karma gets you. God knows who you are, and you were made a male to grow up & be a MAN. The handyman needs money I can tell, so he shot himself in the foot.