Is The Invisible Man A Horror Novel?

I easily found the novel The Invisible Man by HG Wells in the book shop, as the author is what you search for However I like classic horror films, like Frankenstein (1931) with Boris Karloff and Dracula (1931) with Bela Lugosi etc. However I can't find the film The Invisible Man (1932) with Claude Rains, at... show more I easily found the novel The Invisible Man by HG Wells in the book shop, as the author is what you search for

However I like classic horror films, like Frankenstein (1931) with Boris Karloff and Dracula (1931) with Bela Lugosi etc.

However I can't find the film The Invisible Man (1932) with Claude Rains, at the DVD store, I wonder is it a horror film or not? Its based on the novel, I couldn't find it in the horror section.

It seems in the 1930s and 1940s and 1950s, Universal made a lot of horror films featuring such characters as Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, The Invisible Man, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Mummy.

Would they have the rights to all the characters?