Is 32 gigs of RAM overkill?

Long story short, I was able to upgrade my XPS 8930 from 16 gigs of ram to 32 for nothing (exact same type or ram the pc came with, I just added two extra 8 gigs sticks in the two slots that were empty. Seeing I didn't pay for it (crazy gamer friend upgraded his 8930 to 64 gigs so he had a couple sticks left... show more Long story short, I was able to upgrade my XPS 8930 from 16 gigs of ram to 32 for nothing (exact same type or ram the pc came with, I just added two extra 8 gigs sticks in the two slots that were empty. Seeing I didn't pay for it (crazy gamer friend upgraded his 8930 to 64 gigs so he had a couple sticks left over.) I thought what the heck.

Anyway, the most intensive programs I run are Lightroom, Photoshop, and Portrait Professional (I'm a photographer, not a gamer)

So, even with programs becoming more and more resource hungry, it to mention Windows 10 as a resource glutton, how likely is it that 32 gigs will not eventually be enough?